The health screening is not only to protect the students, but also the instructors during this COVID-19 pandemic. We do understand that people still need to recertify their CPR and First Aid certifications, but everyone's safety is priority # 1. The health screening will consist of basic questions that everyone must answer in order to be admitted into the training course.
The questions are as follows:
- Are you currently experiencing or have experienced within the last two weeks any flu-like/COVID-19 symptoms that include: fever, cough, runny nose, chills, body aches, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea or other GI problems?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact (i.e. family member, friend, co-worker, etc.) with the listed symptoms above within the time frame, or who have tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you worked in a healthcare facility or environment (i.e. nursing home, hospital, ambulance, etc.) where there were suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the questions above, please contact us to either re-schedule for a future class or for guidance on the situation.
Note: Anyone attending a training course will be required to bring their own masks and gloves (optional) to class. CHC will not provide any masks or gloves to the students. If a student arrives to class without a mask and gloves, then the student will not be admitted in the class and will have to reschedule for a future date when they have all their proper PPE. CHC will perform disinfection of the equipment between students to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We, understand that the above information may seem like a lot, but everyone's safety is absolutely paramount to us. The online eLearning option through AHA's website is still an option if you don't want to attend a traditional classroom course, but you still will need to schedule the "skills check-off" after completing the online portion to receive your card. The online portion is available at: www.onlineaha.org. Once you complete the online portion, please contact us to schedule a "skills check-off" appointment at our office.
For AHA Provider Cards:
• The AHA recommends that employers and regulatory bodies consider extending recognition of an AHA Provider Card beyond its renewal date, for up to 60 days. However, please know that it is ultimately up to the discretion of employers and regulatory bodies who require current AHA Provider Cards to consider allowing extensions during this time.
• The AHA recommends considering extensions of up to 60 days, but this recommendation could be extended based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat.
** Classes are subject to cancellation if a minimum number of 6 students is not met. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Thank you for your cooperation.**
Thank you for your cooperation.**
Cancellation Policy: 24 hour notice prior to a scheduled class that is pre-paid for by the customer(s) is required in order to receive a refund or be able reschedule for a future class. If notice is not given to Community Health Certification via phone call, voicemail, text message, email, face-to-face, or by courier mail then the prepaid course price will be forfeited and the customer will have to pay the full course price for a future course registration.
Reschedule Policy: Customer(s) is required to give Community Health Certification 24 hours notice if they are unable to attend a course. If the customer(s) meets the 24 hour notice requirement , then the customer(s) gets one course reschedule without having to re-pay the course fee.